Wednesday, August 27, 2008

WW - Good uncles are hard to find...

As some of you know, I am unable to actually be wordless. This is my daughter at about 21 months of age with my oldest brother (19 years older than me, to be precise). He's reading If You Take a Mouse to the Movies, which was her favorite book at the time. Even now when she sees him, which she hasn't much lately since he's been working in Minnesota for the past 4 months (he's in construction, and there aren't many jobs around here right now), she brings him book after book to read. It's adorable, and quite hilarious. He completely adores her (I like to think it's because she reminds him so much of his adorable little sister, for whom he built this box house). This is one of my mom's favorite pictures. You may be able to see why.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

That is so sweet! Happy WW!

Katya said...

That is just priceless,and a rare capture in this day and age!

Happy WW!!!

Aisling said...

I agree. some of us have to settle for adopted uncles too, but just as good and just as hard to find.

Kat said...

That is awesome. Just priceless!

Jenn said...

My daughter LOVED those books.

Great shot. You are so right, they are hard to find.

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Awesome picture, hon! Uncles are so very special! My Uncle Curtis was my favorite family member, after my parents. Thanks for sharing!