Thursday, August 14, 2008

Need ideas...

My kiddo's last day at her daycare is tomorrow - the main provider is going to be having major surgery so they'll be closed until after Labor Day. M will be starting preschool in a couple weeks anyway. Even though we've only been with this daycare just a couple weeks shy of a year (since we moved), we've all loved it for M...they basically helped us potty trained her and have been WONDERFUL with setting a good foundation for preschool and beyond.

My question is - what do you get, gift-wise, for these occasions? I got both providers (it's a small in-home daycare) bookstore gift cards for Christmas. Is it cheesy to do that again, maybe in larger amounts? Over the past couple of months, we've donated toys and books to them for use with the kids, so that's been done. I personally would ALWAYS be happy with a bookstore gift card, so I guess that's why it's stuck in my head.

Any opinions? Ideas?

5 comments:

megz_mum said...

I like giving some home-made biscuits or fudge accompanied by a card made by the little person who is involved. Another favourite is some "Crabtree and Evelyn" hand cream or soap - a little bit of luxury you may not spend money on for yourself, but not too expensive for a gift

Molly's Mom said...

Good ideas! Thanks :)

That One said...

I'd say a gift certificate to a restaurant. Or to Crabtree and Evelyn (they've got so many fantastic scents...)

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

I would agree with the gift certificate. Or just do a google search on teacher gift ideas.

Chris said...

I always think about their day with a bunch of screaming, snotting, crapping, crying kids, and I try to get something personal for them. I usually get a giftcard for a pedicure, massage, etc. I know mine well enough that I buy her a bottle of wine! She loves it and drinks it! ;)