Monday, June 23, 2008

Songs I Hate

Well, let's start the week out with a nice, upbeat topic! All weekend long, wherever I went, it seemed like I couldn't get decent music from any station! Since I was keeping a mental list of the songs I hate, it seemed natural to write them out. So here goes -

1. Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle: The schmultziest of schmultzy, sung by a whiny man.

2. You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin' - The Righteous Brothers: No, no. Oh, so wrong. I might get some flack for this one, I realize, but it is SO overdone. I just can't stand it.

3. Man! I feel like a woman - Shania Twain: Fingernails on a chalkboard, people. The twang hits my inner ear and makes me want to drive ice picks through to make the pain go away. Actually, anything by Ms. Twain makes me feel that way. Don't like her.

4. Time -Hootie and the Blowfish: You know, at one time, I didn't mind them. But the number of times that the songs got played? Insane. As if using the name Hootie wasn't irritating enough.

5. (Everything I do) I do it for you - Bryan Adams: Bryan, Bryan, Bryan. Why? Why did you have to record this turd of a song? I mean, it goes with that turd of a movie Robin Hood, but really...I had to shred every Bop magazine picture I ever saved of you after this song.

6. I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) - Meat Loaf: (Double beat loaf. I HATE meat loaf) Um, Meat. Shorten the song title, first off. Then? Oh, the hell with it. Just scrap it, it sucks. (for the record, I don't HATE Meat Loaf, just this song. Can anyone name the movie referenced above?)

7. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston: Whiny. Nuff' said.

8. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion: Yes, I too was once caught up in the Titanic-mania. Then I got a life (sort of).

9. Believe - Cher: I believe that I will hear this song on repeat play...in HELL. I had a college roommate that listened to this song ad nauseum. And I was nauseous.

10. Shiny Happy People - REM: I am a dull pissy person in general. So I no like-a this shiny crappy song.

I'm sure this will be added to as I remember more (Billy Ray Cyrus), so...to be continued.

And...for the songs that other people have deemed annoying, but I like:

In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins
Holding Back the Years - Simply Red
Nikita - Elton John
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
Vienna -Ultravox
True - Spandau Ballet
The Final Countdown - Europe
We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel
Come on Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners
The Girl is Mine - Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney

**My husband would like to note his dislikes - they would include anything by Kenny Rogers, Pet Shop Boys, and Midnight Oil. These are the artists that I like to have playing, verrrry softly, while he's sleeping. Bwa ha haaaaa...**

2 comments:

Kat said...

#6 cracked me up! Don't like the song either but I do love the reference to A Christmas Story. hehehe

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

OK, I'll just admit it, out loud...

I pink-puffy-heart Meat Loaf. *Swoon!*

But Shania Twain? She needs to quit while she's ahead. No more albums!

Great list!