I've watched it before and liked it, but lately? I am CRAZY obsessed. I think I may actually need to buy the DVDs, and there are very few shows I will spend that kind of money on. Here are my latest questions/observations:
- I can't decide who my favorite captain is. This is bothersome to me for some reason, like I am obligated to pick a favorite.
- The Hillstrands? What is up with the lineup of oldest, next oldest, youngest, etc.? Andy and...the blonde one look the youngest, but apparently the youngest is Neil. Huh? Hard living does wonders for your looks, apparently. I like these guys, though. Watching 'After the Catch' about brotherhood, I cried like Little House on the Prairie while they talked about passing where their dad was buried, paying tribute to him on the boat, and then they talked about how THEY buried him themselves! Made his coffin and buried him with cigarettes and a Louis L'Amour book. Unbelievable.
- WTF happened with Phil? Was that a radiology tech giving him this information - like "this didn't happen on the boat,". Did the show want her to do that for dramatic value? If you're not a radiologist, honey, don't be making a diagnosis. And now the teaser for next week is suggesting that Phil won't be able to work on the boat anymore...
- Don't mess with Captain Keith. He'll kick your ass.
- I love when they prank each other.
- I'm kind of sad that women can't participate in the "brotherhood" thing at this level. I don't mean in a physical sense, more like in camaraderie (that spelling just does not look right, but M-W says it is). Women just connect with each other differently than guys (duh). I love my girlfriends, but I also loved hanging around with guy friends...it was fun to watch the "giving of hell", so to speak. Maybe that's part of the reason I l-o-v-e this show.
- Is each TV season comprised of both King Crab and Opilio seasons? How long are the crab seasons...a week? Two weeks?
I feel better now that I've written those out. I welcome fresh insight!