Monday, October 20, 2008

Pick-Me-Up

Ugh. First of all, hugs to my regular bloggy peeps who have also been feeling a bit down in the dumps. Maybe if I'd read your posts a few days ago, I wouldn't have felt quite so alone tonight when I broke down and cried from...I don't know what. Thanks for being so honest in your writing.

I have found that, if I'm feeling crappy on a Monday, watching The Big Bang Theory is pretty helpful. Highly recommended therapy.

And if I don't feel better the next day? I can get out my new Wii game (haven't gotten it yet) and pretend I'm slapping the sneer right off Jillian's face. Now that is a feature that I'd pay extra for.

Chins up, all!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Yep. It seems to be going around bloggy world for sure. Hope you're feeling better soon!
:)

That One said...

Oh boy, did I need this post right now. Let me 'splain...

Some woman was on TV saying how she wasn't going to vote for my favored presidential candidate because she didn't know what she was going to get. I, of course, began rambling (out loud - that was my mistake!) nonsense that had no basis in reality.

S was sitting on my couch. S is voting for the other guy, by the way. He said, "we're never going to agree on this so we may as well not even talk about it."

First off, I tend to spout off without thinking first when it comes to politics - there was no "talking" involved. I was spouting off! Trash talking. Making blind accusations about this woman's upbringing (I believe "you're a sheep" and "stodgy old-school white men" were phrases I used).

So, how do I tell S, who is now in a snit (and rightly so), that I FORGOT HE WAS IN THE ROOM? That I thought I was talking to my dogs who don't get in snits when I spout off like that?

GAH!

Chin up, indeed!

And do I need to worry that I talk to my dogs?

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Chin up, indeed, darlin'. Point taken. Now that my appointment with the psychologist is set, I'm feeling somewhat better and I know that in about two to three weeks, once the anti-depressant kicks in, I'll feel much better. I hope.

Keep smacking that Wii and know that I'm with you. Much love!